Monday, June 23, 2014

Monday Moments #25~Zoo!

One of the things I always wanted to do when the girls were little was to take them to the zoo. I believe Camryn was just 1 when we took her for the first time. In my mind I was sure she would LOVE seeing all of the animals. I thought it would be the greatest day of her life and she wouldn't want to leave. Wow was I wrong, she liked the first few animals and then got overwhelmed and tired and was ready to leave. Even after the failed attempt at enjoying the zoo 6 years ago we have tried to go back almost every year. Each year Camryn and Elody would enjoy parts of the zoo but usually lost interest faster than we expected. I think last year was the only year in the last 6 years that we didn't go which means Elody hadn't been since she was 3. Elody definitely doesn't have the memory Camryn has so when we went to the zoo last week it was like she was going for the first time. This year for the first time both of the girls had a great time at the zoo. They didn't seem to mind the fact that it was 96° and they also didn't mind that we had to rush through most of the zoo since we got there much later than expected. We spent more time in some areas than others (depending on the girls' interest) but we saw almost everything in the 4 hours we were there. I think next summer we will try to go in the morning like we have done before so the temperatures are more tolerable.


the lion shared my feelings on the heat

While Elody did enjoy the zoo, she still had the same feelings as always when it comes to me taking her picture!

unless it's her idea, then she likes to pose

Camryn on the other hand wants her picture taken constantly

Elody had to see if she was as tall as the Orangutan too

The girls got to be up close to quite a few animals

seriously this child insists on having her picture taken every chance she gets!





No comments:

Post a Comment