Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Snapshot #4- It's done! Well almost...

Wow, I thought I would be able to do this post much sooner than now! Our quick bathroom project that we planned on finishing last Saturday ended up taking all of Saturday, Sunday, and Monday before it was functional again. Then we spent a couple evening and a few hours today. It still isn't 100% finished but I think we are finally to the point to share a picture :)



 We redid the floor and paneling on the bottom half of the walls. We kept the same vanity and toilet but of course ended up having to replace the float (and all the other crap that goes in the toilet tank), and the all of the pipes under the sink. Brian officially decided that he has NO desire to go into plumbing anytime soon! We also chose to replace the faucet, I think this is my new favorite part of the bathroom :) We still need to paint the trim to cover nail holes and will eventually replace the extremely ugly light (when I find the right one) and hopefully figure out something to do with the medicine cabinet. Even though this wasn't a huge renovation I don't think the pictures do it justice. I think it has a much different feel to it now, I guess you have to see it to know what I'm talking about.

Now, you didn't think I could really post 2 weeks in a row without talk about the girls did you? Friday was a HUGE day in kindergarten, it was the 100th day of school! I think this might be bigger than any holiday when you are 5 years old. To celebrate the 100th day the Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd graders all got to dress up like they were 100 years old. Camryn loves any chance to dress up so we borrowed one of my Granny's wigs (Granny was my Grandma Jo's mother) and made a quick trip to Goodwill for clothes. I know I am biased but I am fairly certain that she is the cutest little old lady I have EVER seen! 

 We will add this to the list of reasons that Elody cannot wait to go to kindergarten!

No comments:

Post a Comment