Monday, March 3, 2014

Monday Moments #9~ Young eager minds

It's no secret that I love witnessing the girls' "firsts." There is something almost magical about the first time they see something or learn about something. Luckily I am blessed with 2 kids who love to try new things and learn new things.

Last November Camryn wanted to learn how to do multiplication. I spent a few minutes explaining it and she quickly understood the basic concept.
Camryn practicing her multiplication facts. I told her I was impressed that she could do it at age 6 so she decided to write that on the board too. 
This week she decided to take on a more age appropriate task, telling time. She has never liked math as much as reading so I'm not sure why the sudden interest but I certainly won't complain. Her math homework lately has had some extremely basic clock questions so I guess she decided it was time to learn.
Camryn loves a good project so we made this together to help her understand. She once again caught on extremely quickly and is able to figure out the time on most clocks now.
Last Thursday we went to see Critterman at the Hastings Museum. The girls got to see a variety of animals that do not live around here.
Critterman with the Ring-Tailed Lemur.
While we were at the Museum the girls spent some time in teepee and in the log cabin. Elody enjoyed this part more than the animals but the little stinker would not let me take her picture.
Camryn will almost always pose for me :)
After school last Friday Camryn asked me if she could open my paper, a couple minutes later I found her like this. It didn't last too long because she didn't find anything too interesting and for some reason she wasn't thrilled that I took her picture.

I'd say we had a fairly educational week! I wonder what they will learn this week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment