Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sunday Snapshot #26~ LIttle by little this house will get done....

It's hard to believe it has been more than 3 1/2 year since we moved back to Hastings. That is longer than we lived in our house in Lexington! Since moving into this house we have tried to do little improvements here and there. This month I finally got to tackle one of the projects that has always been near the top of my list of wants, the living room! Unfortunately we had a few projects that had to come first, like replacing walls that had mold on them in the basement and the floor in the main floor bathroom that was half rotted out underneath. We also did the floor in the dining room a while back because the floor in there was atrocious! Anyway, back to the current project... I have never liked the wall color or the carpet in our living room but I didn't want to do one without the doing both so it has stayed the same for almost 4 years.

 We painted the built-ins a little over a year ago, this was the best picture I could find to show how ugly they were before.
I had already removed the shelves before I thought to take a picture


this is what the living room looked like a couple weeks ago


it's really scary how much nastiness is under/in carpet!


bye-bye red wall!


most of the room was easy and the flooring went in pretty quick, even with 5 little girls in the house all day!
 THIS is why I am soooo glad we decided again trying to save the hardwoods underneath. There were spots like this where the hardwoods had been removed, plus they were not in great shape anyway. This particular doorway ended up being quite a pain to install the laminate floors.


 This picture doesn't show the true color of the walls or the floor but it was the best I could do.
DONE!!
it wouldn't be a good blog post without one picture of the girls (and their friend Stella in this case)

No comments:

Post a Comment