After a couple crazy busy weeks (Halloween, field trips, doctor appointment in Omaha, etc) we finally had a normal week. We had all the normal stuff like school and AWANA but not much to really share on the blog. I did find a couple pics to share though :)
We purposely didn't carve pumpkins until the day before Halloween this year because every year the squirrels eat them once they are carved (and sometimes when they are not carved!). Elody had been warned but she was obviously not prepared enough :( She sat on the porch and cried. And no it was not a quiet whimper, it was more of a heartbreaking wail.
 |
This might be one of my favorite pictures all year! I did not make her pose like this, this is how I found her when I went to check on her to see why she was crying. |
Camryn FINALLY has a loose tooth. She is almost 6 1/2 and I'm pretty sure she is the only kid in her class that hasn't lost one yet. I have no problem with her waiting to enter that awkward toothless/big-ugly-grown-up-tooth stage of life, but she is more than ready for that first visit from the tooth fairy! This week we finally got the girls' tooth fairy boxes made. First they painted them with lots of bright colors, then they topped them with lots of glitter paint (everyone knows the tooth fairy LOVES glitter!) and finally added a few stickers. They turned out pretty cute and now they have the perfect place to leave any lost teeth. I know, in the good-old-days putting a tooth under the pillow was sufficient but Camryn is a bit of a wild sleeper and we didn't want the tooth to get lost before the tooth fairy gets here.
 |
| Painting their tooth fairy boxes |
 |
| Camryn's finished tooth fairy box |
 |
| Elody's tooth fairy box |
No comments:
Post a Comment